You are here: HomeDiscovering the placesTownsFrom A to C
Breda_di_Piave_Molino_nuovo_Marchesin_comune_di_Breda
Breda di Piave



 The town of Breda di Piave is situated in Treviso’s vast plains. The ancient findings of crafted bronze date the presence of a human settlement in the area back to Ancient Venetian times. The amphorae granarie, tombs and a beautiful c...
Leggi tutto
Casier-_Marc_De_Tollenaere
The archaeological findings in the Sile riverbed near Casier attest to its settlement dating back all the way to the bronze age. Since the first Millennium BC, the important waterway helped trade among the nearby settlements of the southern 
...
Leggi tutto
Caerano_Comune_di_Caerano
Caerano di San Marco



Just like Montebelluna, Caerano di San Marco was once a signoria (Medieval city-state) of the Ezzelini family and was the site of the family's rise to power in the 13thcentury. In the 14th century, the area became the property of
...
Leggi tutto
Altivole_Tomba__Brion-FAST
The beautiful setting of the surrounding countryside helps to unite Altivole into a tranquil, unified town.
Provincia di Treviso has helped show all this area has to offer with the “Architecture Route” - a trail that helps to introduce tourists in Treviso&n
...
Leggi tutto
ARCADE-comune_di_arcade
The settlement of Arcade dates back to ancient times, as attested for by the archaeological findings from Ancient Rome found in several parts of territory. During Roman times, this area was named Arcade after the arches built on the nearby Pi
...
Leggi tutto
Borso_comune_di_Borso_del_G
The municipality Borso del Grappa is at the province of Treviso's border with Vicenza. The settlements of the territory once known as Borso date all the way back to the Ancient Rome.
In 1879, while performing excavations in the square of the publ
...
Leggi tutto
Carbonera
Carbonera is located in the North-East of the province of Treviso. There is a curious and interesting site here with the coat of arms that commemorates the great "Via Claudia Augusta Altinate".
There was also once a castle here from which the town gained it
...
Leggi tutto
Casale_sul_Sile_La_chiesa_vista_dal_Sile-La_Marca_del_2000_Eulisse_476
Casale sul Sile is an agricultural center located on the left bank of the river Sile, from which it takes its name.
A first centre of the town was erected in the middle ages around the Castle Square. This castle was equipped with a tower, that the da Camino family,
...
Leggi tutto
Castelcucco_Comune_di_Castelcucco
Like many other towns in the province of Treviso, Castelcucco is not entirely immune from the trend of urbanization over the past centuries. Fortunately, there is still an abundance of fertile land here in Castelcucco and the town's economy is even ba
...
Leggi tutto
Castello di Godego, comprising the land between the Asolo Hills and the Central Venetian Plain (Pianura Centrale Veneta), lies at the intersection of the cities Treviso, Padova and Vicenza.
The name for this municipality has two separate derivatives. “Castello&
...
Leggi tutto
Cavaso_Oratorio_di_S._Martino_a_Castelcies_Comune_di_Cavaso
Cavaso del Tomba is a municipality of about 2,675 inhabitants located at the heart of the province of Treviso. Until 1922, the area was previously known as Cavaso. The addition of “del Tomba” was added after World War I, in memory of the battles t
...
Leggi tutto
Colle_Umberto_Panorama_con_chiesa_S._Martino-La_Marca_del_2000_Galifi_43
Colle Umberto lies on two hills at the foot of the Venetian Prealps, in the vicinity of Dolomiti. Located between Vittorio Veneto and Conegliano, it is easily traversable either by car or train (Station FS Conegliano). The enviable location of the landscap
...
Leggi tutto
The derivation of the name Cessalto comes from either of two Latin expressions Caesus Saltus (cut wood) and Cessus Saltus (remote forest). Which one is truly the source may never be known but, either way, this area has clearly been in close contact with the su
...
Leggi tutto
Cordignano-comune_di_Cordigano
The municipality of Cordignano, crossed by the Meschio River, is situated between the regions Veneto and Friuli. Cordignano includes a large portion of land varying altitudes between 1 kilometer and sea-level, which extends between the high-point of Cansigl
...
Leggi tutto
The history of Chiarano goes through several distinct time periods: the area was first settled in the Palaeolithic Era by groups traveling up the Piave; for the Ancient Venetians, it was an important trade-post perfectly situated along the river; the Ancien...
Leggi tutto
Cornuda is located in a territory of incredible natural beauty: situated east of Asolo, the hills there cascade down slowly toward Cornuda and make the landscape very unique.
The outskirts of Cornuda were once inhabited by a series of ancient civilizations. Runn
...
Leggi tutto
Crespano_PALAZZO_REALE
Crespano del Grappa stems from the bottom of the Monte Grappa, the sacred mountain known for the epic battles of World War I (1914-18). The name of this municipality was simply Crespano until 1867 and was then known as Crespano Veneto until 1920.
This area has
...
Leggi tutto
Cison_di_Valmarino_Castelbrando_Vista_Aerea_2-Foto_Quaternario
Cison di Valmarino is a centre of ancient tradition situated on the Via Vallata, near the Belluno Prealps. The area was settled in ancient times, when it was simply known as Valmarena, and was eventually an important post for the Venetian Republ
...
Leggi tutto
The town of Crocetta del Montello is located in the tract of land lying between the Piave and the first slopes to the northwest of Montello. With a beautiful river to the one side and the cascading foothills of Montello to the other, the landscape in Croce
...
Leggi tutto
Cimadolmo
The town of Cimadolmo extends for over 7 km. along the left bank of the Piave river and comprises 50% of the sacred river's banks. Along with making the earth here very fertile and great for cultivating, the Piave has also made trade very easy. Cimadolmo w
...
Leggi tutto
Codogn_comune
The name of this area originates from the Latin word cotognetum referring to the plants bearing apple-like fruits (cotogno) that border the nearby ancient Via Romana. Codognè was also the site of a Medieval Benedictine community, remains of which have
...
Leggi tutto
Cappella
Cappella Maggiore received its name from the ancient church, “Capella Campestris”, the first ancient on record that is dedicated to the Holy Trinity of the Catholic Arimanni, the Longobard warriors.
The town has a particular urban configuratio
...
Leggi tutto
This site uses cookies . To learn more or to make specific choices about the use of cookies click on " I want to be informed ." To express your consent click on " Accept" . If you ignore this banner , scrolling the page or continuing with navigation, however, you consent to the use of cookies .